Banana bread is easily one of the tastiest treats to be kept in the household. With this great recipe you can make your cake and eat it too!
125g butter or margarine
310ml caster sugar
2 eggs, whisked
5ml bicarbonate of soda
30ml sour milk
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
5ml vanilla essence
375ml cake flour
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
Grease a medium-sized loaf tin with butter or nonstick spray and dust with flour.
1. Cream the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the whisked eggs.
2. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the sour milk and add to the butter mixture.
3. Stir in bananas and vanilla essence.
4. Sift the flour and salt over the egg mixture and fold in.
5. Turn the batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes or until done and a testing skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly and turn out.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
Finally enjoy. Best served Sliced and buttered.