Fragrant and delicious, this unconventional marinade turns the humble lamb chop into the star of the culinary show.
- 8 lamb chump or loin chops (±1.5 cm thick)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Peri-Peri Sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spur Meat Spice, to taste
Marinade: Mix all the ingredients together.
Place the lamb chops in a dish, add the marinade and cover well. Leave to marinate for about 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn frequently.
Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and grill over moderate coals for about 20 minutes, turning and basting frequently with marinade until golden brown and done.
Serve with spicy potato wedges and extra Spur Peri-Peri Sauce.
Grill chops under the oven grill.
Replace the potatoes and serve on a bed of couscous and roasted veg.