Perfectly gooey and deliciously sticky, these heavenly biscuits won't stay in the tin for long. Best get your whilst they're hot!
- 100 g butter or margarine, softened
- 125 ml (½ cup) sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, separated
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 200 g packet Marie Biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml salt
- 100 g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) golden syrup
Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and creamy.
Add Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing and milk and mix well. Fold in the crushed biscuits.
Add baking powder, salt and almonds. Whisk egg whites until stiff-peak stage and fold into the mixture. Mix well.
Turn out into a greased roasting or baking pan of about 18 x 27 cm. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. Cool slightly in the pan.
To make the sauce, combine the butter, sugar, cream and syrup in a small, heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly. Pour over the cake. Cut into squares.
Dust with icing sugar before serving.