- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 250 streaky bacon, cut up
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Beef Stock
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Sauce
- 25 - 30 hot dog buns
- 125 ml olive oil
- 125 g Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto
- 25 - 30 smoked frankfurters
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the bacon until crispy.
Remove and keep on one side, to be used as a garnish later.
Add the onion, pre-seasoned with the Green Onion Seasoning, to the bacon fat remaining in the pan and stir-fry until golden.
Add the garlic and mince and cook until crumbly (use a fork). Season with Garlic Pepper Seasoning.
Add the undiluted Beef Stock, tomatoes and Peri-Peri Sauce.
Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
Taste for seasoning.
Prepare in advance and re-heat for serving.
Buns and Frankfurters
Slash the buns open along the tops, from end to end.
Pour boiling water over frankfurters in a saucepan, cover with a lid and leave to stand for at least 10 minutes.
Heat the buns in a low oven.
Mix the Basil Pesto with olive oil in a medium bowl.
Stretch each bun open and brush the inside with olive oil and Basil Pesto mixture.
Spoon 2 tbsp (30 ml) of hot Chilli Mince over.
Insert warmed frankfurters into the buns.
Top with grated cheese, onion rings and bacon.