A delicious pantry staple crammed full of heart-healthy grains and seeds. Simply slice and serve.
- 375 ml (1½ cups) cake flour
- 375 ml (1½ cups) wholewheat flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 125 ml (½ cup) light brown sugar
- 125 ml ½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 75 g seedless raisins or sultanas
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 300 ml milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cooking oil
- Extra pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds, for sprinkling on top
Sift flours and baking powder together and add bran left behind in sieve after sifting. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix lightly.
Whisk eggs, Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing, milk and oil together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix well and turn out into a greased 22.5 cm loaf pan. Sprinkle with extra seeds for topping.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40–50 minutes. Leave in the pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Use slices for sandwiches, filled or topped with lettuce, ham, cheese and garnish of choice.
If you prefer a more savoury flavoured bread, substitute raisins with 50 g chopped sun-dried tomatoes or chopped olives.