Looking for that full-bodied chunky soup that stays favourite again and again? This is the one!
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) medium curry powder
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake wheat flour
- 2 (about 300g) chicken breast fillets, cut into small pieces
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Hickory Basting
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 410 g can coconut milk
- 410 g can cream style sweetcorn
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Signature Seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of salt
Melt butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until soft. Add curry powder and flour and fry for about 1 minute.
Add chicken and fry lightly until cooked.
Add Spur Hickory Sauce, stock, coconut milk, sweetcorn, coriander, Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Signature Seasoning, salt and black pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked and heated through. Serve hot and garnish with fresh coriander.
Substitute chicken with pork or beef, or omit meat for a vegetable soup.
Substitute coconut milk with milk or fresh cream.
Substitute the Spur Hickory Sauce with Spur Durky Sauce and omit the garlic.
Substitute the fresh coriander with 15 ml (1 Tbsp) fresh thyme or 5 ml (1 tsp) dried.