A great dish to be enjoyed by the whole family. Goes perfectly with spinach salad.
- 125 ml (½ cup) cake flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) wholewheat flour
- 200 ml (¾ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 80 g butter or margarine
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive or cooking oil
- 4 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes in liquid, drained and coarsely chopped
- 200 ml (¾ cup) sachet Spur Cheddamelt or Spur Pepper Sauce
- 80 ml (? cup) milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) mixed herbs
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
Mix all ingredients into a soft dough in a food processor or by hand. Press into base and sides of a greased 24 cm quiche pan.
Heat oil in heavy-based pan. Saute leeks and garlic for a few minutes until soft. Remove from heat and set aside. Add tomatoes and spoon into base.
Whisk cheese sauce, milk, eggs, herbs, sugar and seasoning together and pour over leeks and tomatoes in base.
Sprinkle over Parmesa cheese and bake at 180°C for 30–40 minutes or until set. Serve warm and cold with a salad.