An instant favourite with kids and adults alike - the mini burger is an ideal lunchbox treat, picnic staple or anytime snack.
- 1 slice white or brown bread
- 80 ml (1\3 cup) Spur BBQ Sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) chopped, fresh thyme or 15 ml (1 Tbsp) dried thyme
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Steakhouse Spice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g lean beef mince
- cooking oil, for shallow frying
- 12 mini bread rolls
- mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 100 g cheddar cheese, cut into slices
- 12 small wooden skewers
Soak bread in Spur BBQ Sauce. Mix together with remaining patty ingredients and shape into 12 mini patties.
Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan and fry patties for 4–5 minutes on each side or until done. Drain on paper towel. Baste patties with extra Spur BBQ Sauce.
To assemble, cut rolls in half. Layer lettuce, tomato, cheese and patties onto the base of each roll. Close with top of rolls and secure rolls with wooden skewers.