These flavours blend together seamlessly and can be spiced up by adding paprika or any herbs of your choice.
- 4 large potatoes
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 80 g streaky rindless bacon
- ½ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml Spur Cheddamelt Sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 1 ml (pinch) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 ml (50 g) grated cheddar
Boil potatoes until soft. Halve, scoop out flesh and lightly mash.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry bacon until starting to crisp.
Add onion and sauté for about two minutes.
Add mashed potato and remaining ingredients, except cheese.
Spoon into potato hollows and top with grated cheese.
Place in a 180°C preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
Lightly blanch 100 g broccoli florets and add to filling.