This yummy pie combines a variety of vegetables and gives a unique smoky flavour with Spur Hickory Sauce.
- 150 g green beans
- 200 g broccoli, cut into large florets
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 2 leeks, cut into slices
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive or cooking oil
- 80 ml (? cup) Spur Hickory Basting
- 400 g puff pastry
- Beaten egg and 15 ml (1 Tbsp) milk for glazing
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Chop ends of beans off and cut into large pieces. Add with broccoli and pumpkin in a heavy-based saucepan and blanch in water until slightly soft.
Drain and spoon into a large roasting pan. Add leeks, tomatoes, Spur Durky Sauce, rosemary, Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice and pepper.
Drizzle olive oil and Spur Hickory Basting over vegetables. Roast in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and starting to brown. Remove from oven and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
Roll sheet of pastry lightly on a floured surface. Cut into strips diagonally of about 1 cm, leaving a border of about 1.5 cm. Dampen the edges of dish with a little water. Place pastry over the vegetables and press lightly on the edges to seal dish.
Brush with beaten egg and milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through. Garnish with extra rosemary sprigs or any other herbs.