This savoury time-saver can be enjoyed in many guises. Stir through pasta, fold it into a pita or spoon onto french toast. Yum!
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur BBQ Sauce
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Meat Spice
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh, chopped basil
Heat oil in a small, heavy-based saucepan.
Add mince and fry until browned.
Add onion, garlic, green pepper and fresh tomato and sauté until soft.
Add tomato paste, Spur BBQ Sauce, Spur Meat Spice and basil.
Simmer for a few minutes and serve warm on French toast or any other bread.