The return of an old-favourite!
- 7 extra-large eggs
- 500 g boerewors
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Spur BBQ Sauce
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Steakhouse Spice
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Classic Biltong Spice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried breadcrumbs
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
Boil 6 eggs for about 5 minutes until medium. Peel and cool.
Remove meat from boerewors casing. Combine with Spur BBQ Sauce, Spur Steakhouse Spice and Spur Classic Biltong Spice.
Roll each egg in flour, then gently wrap in the meat mixture. Coat the meat-wrapped egg in flour, then lightly beaten egg and lastly breadcrumbs. Leave to set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Heat 9 cm oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Gently drop the scotch eggs in the oil and continue turning until golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel. Serve warm or cold.