A slightly different take on mushrooms, but very tasty and an easy addition to any meal. These also cook beautifully on the braai.
- 4 large brown mushrooms (1 punnet)
- few sprigs of fresh thyme or 10ml dried (2 tsp)
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) mustard seeds
- Spur Seasoning Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur BBQ Sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Make a few small cuts in the large stems of each mushroom and place in a container.
Marinade: Whisk all the ingredients together. Pour over the mushrooms and leave to marinate for about 4 hours.
Place the mushrooms on an oven tray, drizzle with the marinade and bake in oven for about 10 minutes. Serve warm and garnish with thyme.