A delicious oven-baked dish that takes the classic spaghetti bolognese and dresses it up in a snazzy new jacket.
- 125 g spaghetti
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 250 g lean beef mince
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 strips (about 80 g) rindless streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to tast
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh, chopped basil or 10 ml (2 tsp) dried basil
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Grill Basting Sauce
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten
- Fresh, chopped parsley, for garnishing
Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water. Drain and place in base of six greased ramekins.
Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add mince and fry until colour changes. Add onion, garlic and bacon and sauté for a few minutes until soft.
Stir in tomato paste and remove from heat. Add Spur Seasoning Salt, pepper, basil, Spur Grill Basting Sauce, Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing and beaten egg and mix well. Spoon on top of spaghetti spirals.
Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until set. Garnish with parsley.