Double up for parties or largely family picnics and expect your guests to come back for seconds.
- 6–8 free-range chicken drumsticks
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur Grill Basting Sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice
- 3 ml (½ tsp) grated lemon rind
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Use a sharp knife to cut diagonal slices into both sides of the chicken.
Place chicken onto a grilling rack over an oven pan.
Basting Sauce: Mix the Spur Grill Basting Sauce, Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice and the remaining ingredients together and baste the chicken. Place under preheated oven grill or over moderate coals for 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Serve with spicy dip or guacamole dip.