This is real comfort food! A sweet and sour classic served with any starch of choice.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 600 g (about 16) pork sausages
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 80 ml light brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) worcestershire sauce
- 60 ml (½ cup) tomato sauce
- 200 ml (¾ cup) Spur Sweet ‘n Sticky Marinade
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) brown vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) instant coffee powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Smokey BBQ Spice
Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Fry sausages until light brown.
Add onions and sauté lightly for about 2 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients to the same saucepan, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or mashed polenta.
Substitute the pork sausages with beef sausages.
The dish can also be baked in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180°C